AAA Roadside Assistance – The triple A is a federation of motor clubs all over the continent of North America. As a private, not-for-profit organization, it is a body with over 58 million members prominently in the United States and in Canada. The body was founded in 1902 and is headquartered in Heathrow, Florida, United States. The body or club specializes in giving discounted services to its members. These services include but is not limited to; road assistance, auto repairs, motoring advice, safety in traffic amidst others. The body also produce maps, travel guides and batteries for cars. The AAA is made of individual motor clubs based in the states present in the countries of operation and offer discounts to members of the association.
AAA roadside assistance
The AAA roadside assistance is one of the many services that the AAA offers to its members and the AAA roadside assistance is renowned for its wide coverage and prompt response time. Other services that AAA offers through its roadside assistance program includes;
- Changing of batteries or battery jumps: You can’t be exactly sure of when your battery will decide to act up. Aside from the perk of getting a battery with three years warranty courtesy of the AAA, you can also call in at any time to help with changing of batteries or to help jump your battery. If you think of the amount of time you have ever had to wait on a lonely roadside waiting for a good Samaritan that will help you jump start your car with their own battery, you will know the value of this service.
- Tire changes: Tires are another crucial part of the motor vehicle system that can decide to malfunction when we need them the most. As the legs of the our cars, you can’t really afford them to go haywire at will. The AAA roadside assistance program includes tires changes and you can expect that the service will be prompt and lifesaving.
- Fuel delivery: You are out in the woods hunting deer or you are camping with your family and you get back to the car to find out that you are running low on fuel. In moments as such, it is normal to panic, to think about the next course of action. With the AAA roadside assistant program, all you have to do is to make one call and you will have your fuel delivered to your location. You can save yourself all of the stress and wasted time when you know that the Calvary is on the way.
- Locksmith and unlocking services: It may seem like it doesn’t happen too often but people sometimes lock themselves out of their own car. With the increased use of electronic locking, it is not unusual to find out that you could have locked your key inside your own car. AAA road assistance program covers the locksmith service that can help you get your car unlocked and get your keys back in the right place.
- Winch and pull services: The AAA roadside assistance program also include providing support with winch and pull services for cars that might be stuck in marshes. The winch and pull service can vary from one plan to the other, but all plans with the AAA are available for winch and pull services. The only condition to meet is that the car must be stuck in an area adjacent to a major thoroughfare or hard road that can be navigate that is passable for a winch truck.
- Towing: Depending on your plan with AAA, the AAA roadside assistance program provides you with excellent tow services that will help get you out of mess. As a plus membership owner, you can get a single tow for over 200 miles or three tows of over a 100 miles per time. Whatever your plan is, the AAA roadside assistance program can you tow your vehicle to a location where you can get help.
With this impressive list of services available to the basic plan owners on the AAA roadside. The question that must come next to the mind must be how to start benefiting from the services of AAA.
Becoming a part of AAA roadside assistance program
Having been around for over a hundred years, AAA allows new member to join using any of two options. To benefit from the incredible services that the organization offers, you can choose to register online at AAA website or get the registration done at a local office. In the end, you will be paired with a local group within your state. However, the benefit of the AAA roadside assistance program extends all over the continent. This is one of the many reasons why users of the AAA roadside assistance program are confident in their safety. They trust in the fact that wherever they are, they will still get the same level of quality service as a result of the membership they hold.
How to contact AAA roadside assistance
It is worthy of note to say that the AAA roadside assistance is available to a card-holding member of the organization and not just the car that the person drives. That means that with your card, you can have services rendered to any car that you are in. The number to call AAA roadside assistance service on is 1-800-AAA-HELP that is 1-800-222-4357. The standard procedure would be for the operator to ask you for your present location, so be sure that you know where you are before you get on the phone.
Be as specific as possible; this will help the AAA roadside assistance providers to get to you in time. You should also be as close to your car as possible except the car is in a dangerous location. If you are in a location that is dangerous, inform the operator. This will allow AAA to prioritize your call and deliver your service as promptly as possible.
The AAA roadside assistance service is available round the clock, that is, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.